2016-2017 LEEC EDUCATOR GRANT GUIDELINES
2016-2017 LEEC EDUCATOR GRANT
Louisiana Environmental Education Commission (LEEC)
Under the Direction of Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries (LDWF)
Application Deadline: March 15, 2016
Grants that are funded are based on sound scientific principles, have an environmental focus, and impact Louisiana teachers and students.
Maximum award: $1000 for 1 teacher or $2000 for a team
- School administrators or fulltime classroom teachers in accredited public or non-public schools (K-12) in Louisiana are eligible to apply on behalf of their school.
- While the grant is awarded in care of the Project Leader, the actual contract must be made with the applicant’s school and the school/school system receives the award payment.
- Grants are to be implemented during the 2016-2017 academic school year.
- Grants will be awarded to individual applicants in single amounts not to exceed $1,000.00. Two or more teachers from the same school may apply jointly for a total amount not to exceed $2,000.00.
- Grants must be based on sound scientific principles, have an environmental focus, and be designed to directly impact the students.
- An individual/organization may not submit more than one application.
- All monies must be spent on materials and/or equipment directly related to the purpose of the project. Travel, furniture, general construction projects, acquisition of real property, lobbying, indirect costs, registration fees, and/or food items will not be funded.
- If funded, applicants will be required to submit a mid-year report and a final report. All projects must be completed, funds spent and the final report submitted by May 15, 2017. Instructions for submitting mid-year and final reports will be emailed prior to the deadlines. Examples of student work, expenditure spreadsheet, and other related documentation must be provided with the final report.
- It is the responsibility of the grant recipient to adhere to school guidelines and related regulations.
- Recipients, by law, will receive Tax form 1099 declaring receipt of these funds, unless the application is made through an agency, university, or foundation.
- Members of the Louisiana Environmental Education Commission (LEEC) may not apply.
- The LEEC/LDWF reserves the right to use the funded projects and photos provided for public information services that may include the LEEC/LDWF website, printed materials, and other means.
- Awarded applicants will be encouraged to attend the 2017 Louisiana Environmental Education State Symposium to showcase their project and network with colleagues and state resource providers. Registration fees and lodging assistance may be provided to those whose presenter proposal is accepted.
- Announcement of awardees will be made no later than April 15, 2016. Awardees will be notified by mail and/or e-mail.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may disqualify the applicant from any future grants with the LEEC.
IMPORTANT!!! Applications are anonymous and competitive. Identifying information, such as the name(s) of the applicant(s), school, county/parish, or state, should appear only where indicated. Mention of identifying information in the body of the PROPOSAL will disqualify the application.