2014-2015 LEEC RESEARCH GRANT
2014-2015 LEEC RESEARCH GRANT GUIDELINES
Louisiana Environmental Education Commission (LEEC)
Under the Direction of Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries (LDWF)
Application Deadline: March 17, 2014
Grants that are funded are based on sound scientific principles, have an environmental focus, and support efforts to increase public awareness and knowledge of the subject area.
Maximum award: $1,200
- Students attending Louisiana colleges or universities and who are working toward a Masters Degree, Ph.D., or conducting post Ph.D. research with a focus on environmental issues are eligible to apply on behalf of their school.
- Research grants will be awarded to student’s college/university in single amounts not to exceed $1,200.00.
- Research proposals that are funded must be based on sound scientific principles and have an environmental focus. Research involving environmental issues affecting Louisiana is preferred.
- All monies must be spent to support research. (The LEEC/LDWF will not provide indirect costs to universities or tuition fees.)
- Funds may be used to purchase materials and/or equipment necessary to conduct research and/or provide travel and lodging to and from field sites during data collection.
- All research conducted must follow the college/university IRB guidelines to ensure compliance. A letter of recommendation from the student’s major professor must be included in the proposal.
- If funded, students will be required to submit a mid-year report and a final report. All projects must be completed and the final report submitted by May 15, 2015. Instructions for submitting mid-year and final reports will be emailed prior to the deadlines. An expenditure spreadsheet, copies of invoices, and other related documentation must be provided with the final report.
- Recipients, by law, will receive Tax form 1099 declaring receipt of these funds, unless the application is made through an agency, university, or foundation.
- Members of the Louisiana Environmental Education Commission (LEEC) may not apply.
- The LEEC/LDWF reserves the right to use the funded projects and photos provided for public information services that may include the LEEC/LDWF website, printed materials, and other means.
- Announcement of awardees will be made no later than April 15, 2014. Awardees will be notified by mail and/or e-mail.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines may disqualify the applicant from any future grants with the LEEC.